Start your morning off right by using one of our newly designed motivational quotes! You can turn your ordinary routine objects and tools into something that is customized to your personality, and can brighten every day. Whether you are using this as a serving tray for your guests or a coffee-in-bed holder, this project will surely make sure that you wake up on the right side of the bed every morning.
- iStencil: 40-00034 11x11”
- iStencil Repeat Pattern: 89-00146 5x5”
- Plain Breakfast Tray
- White, Plantation Pine Green, Raspberry, Plum, Tomato Red Acrylic Paints
- Stencil Brushes - ⅛” & ½”
- Foam Brush
- Spray Adhesive
- Polyurethane Gloss Finish
To create this project:
- Gather your supplies. Make sure to layout how you would like your breakfast tray to look, by choosing between our many colors, sizes, patterns, and quotes/designs. It is good to have a game plan and a vision, before being elbow deep with no turning back
- If need be, cut your stencils to a size that will fit. No two trays are always the same, and it is important to make sure everything fits before moving onto the next step.
- Spray the back of your stencil with repositionable spray adhesive, and stick it onto your desired location on the tray. Make sure to only apply a light coat of spray adhesive, and allow the spray to become a tacky substance before placing the stencil. This will prevent any paint from getting underneath the stencil.
- Decide which paint you will begin with, and pick a starting point on the stencil. Use the smaller stencil brushes for small detail, and the larger stencil brushes for large open spaces. Apply the paint to your stencil brush, and wipe off about 85% of the paint onto a paper towel. Always remember, less is more when it comes to stenciling! A dry brush application (such as this) is the best way to go. A heavy paint application will put you at risk of paint bleeding through the stencil.
- Begin stenciling by moving your brush in an up and down motion; almost like poking the stencil with paint. Continue and repeat this process until you have covered the entire stencil in your desired paint colors.
- Spice up the sides of your tray with a nice repeating pattern! Achieve this look by repeating the steps above.
- Once all of the paint has dried, grab your polyurethane and foam brush. Evenly spread the gloss finish over your breakfast tray, and allow for ample drying time before applying additional coats. Two or three coats should do the trick!
- Once you have reached your desired glossy finish, and everything has dried, you are free to use the tray as you wish!
All in all, this project took very little time to complete, but the message will brighten up your decor for days to come. Mix and match with our motivational quotes, patterns, and paint colors to compliment your mood and unique personality. Be creative!
Happy Stenciling- iStencils